Parallel shell – Run commands on multiple Linux servers or Cloud instances simultaneously
If you are in charge of large server farms, cluster of Linux nodes for high performance computing, or cryptocurrency mining farms then parallel shell would easily let you manage multiple Linux servers or Cloud instances easily and quickly.
Parallel shell is built into the backend shell of the Ezeelogin SSH Jump host. You can work with it as you would work on a normal bash shell and the command would be simultaneously executed on multiple Linux servers.
Imagine, that you are the security engineer in charge for fleet of linux server or aws instances. One fine morning as you are going through your daily job routine you are notified of a critical kernel vulnerability. As a responsible security officer, you do not want to postpone patching the kernels for the next day as the longer the delay to patch the Kernel, greater the possibility of a security breach.
In such critical scenarios, the parallel shell feature could be extremely useful as you can compile kernel on one thousand machine at the time of compiling a kernel for one server.
This feature is a god send for many , however with great powers come great responsibilities. The image shows a command being executed in using parallel shell.
Some of the benefits of this feature are
- Improve productivity of your system administrators and devops engineers
- Improve the efficiency with which Linux nodes or cloud or aws instances are managed.
- Easily execute command simultaneously on group of servers. There are no hard configurations to be done.
- Better and faster management of Linux server and cloud instances.
- Easily copy files across group of servers
- Server orchestration would be very easy if you have many Linux instances.
- There is no need to install agents on remote machines
- Faster setup
- Delivery faster services
- Runs on OpenSSH