Change default global key in Ezeelogin
Ezeelogin private/public key pair explained
1. How to use a private/public key pair to be used as the Global Public key which would be copied over to all remote servers?
echo 'paste_global_key_here' >> ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
2. User can add a remote server with any private key. Keep the public key under authorized_keys of the user to work key based-authentication.
3. User can add a remote server with the private key with the key management. Save the private keys and use them while adding the servers.
a) Refer below screenshot to add private keys in key management.
b) Add a remote server with the key saved in the key management tab. Refer below screenshot.
4. How to change the default Global Key (public key) ( Servers -> Global Key ( SSH public Key) ) being used in Ezeelogin by default to log on to servers added in using the default key?
This feature is available only in Ezeelogin Version 7.3.6 and above.
5. Can a user use custom private and public keys in Ezeelogin?
User can add a custom key pair during installation only. It cannot be changed to a custom key pair after installation.
You would need to generate your own 4096-bit RSA Keys using ssh-keygen
ssh-keygen -b 4096 -t rsa -P <enter-strong-pass> -f /root/test-pvt-key
Generating public/private rsa key pair.
Your identification has been saved in /root/test-pvt-key.
Your public key has been saved in /root/test-pvt-key.pub .
Run the Ezeelogin installation package with the following option.
sh ezlogin_7.1.6.bin -- -help
-sshkey : Specify the path of SSH private key to be used. Default: generates new key
-sshkeypass : Specify the password (if any) for SSH private key. Default: no password
sh ezlogin_7.1.6.bin -- -sshkey /root/test-pvt-key -sshkeypass ads*9s798js0sdf9#$2!sdr@@
Complete the installation. The custom public key would be used when new servers are added in and would be visible under Servers -> Global Key
The private key cannot be decrypted. To get the private key, a new global key pair has to be generated.