ssh jump server
SSH Jump server or Bastion host would be a fortified central server or gateway server where all your staff would login in first via ssh before accessing any other servers behind it. The fortified server is also known as Bastion Host or SSH Jump Host or SSH Jump Box. The jump host assist in securing PCI DSS and other security compliances.
Using an intermediate ssh jump server increases security and ease of managing your Linux production servers. Ezeelogin is an ssh gateway software that would help you setup your secure jump server very quickly and comes with lots of security and automation features. The below diagram would give you a better idea of how the ssh jump server works
Advantages in using ssh Jump Server ( also called a ‘Bastion Host’ )?
- Built in Identity and Access Management for your staff
- Intuitive SSH interface to access Linux nodes
- SSH access to Linux production servers for your staff without sharing the ssh private keys or password
- Two factor authentication in ssh and for the panel. Yubikey , Google Authenticator, Duo Security 2FA integrated.
- Record ssh session of your system administrator or devops engineers for performing forensic audits so that you know who does what on which server and when.
- Privileged Access management so that you know who gets root access and who gets non privileged access.
- SSH Key management so that you can rotate the keys easily on multiple servers.
- Root Password management so that you can reset the root password on servers in a click.
- Parallel Shell integrated so you can execute command on many server simultaneously.
- Root password management for your Linux server in production
- Access Control panel like Cpanel/WHM and more in a click
- PCI DSS 3.2, SOX, SOC2, FFIEC, NERC CIP, ISO 27001 & HIPPA Compliance requirements can be met quickly