Migrate jump server installation from one server to another
How do I migrate Ezeelogin jump server installation from one server to another?
How to move the Ezeelogin bastion host from one server to another(MIGRATION)?
1. If you are using the Ezeelogin master-slave configuration, you should verify and confirm database is in sync. Refer below article to verify database connectivity.
The backup archive would be created in /var/ezlogin.xx.bin
The directory /var/log/ezlogin stores the user ssh sessions that are recorded. This directory could run into huge size ( 1GB >) which would cause the backup script to take long to complete ( The log directory has to be tar'ed and then gzip'ed compressed which is time-consuming and resource intensive). In such, cases its advisable to skip the log directory while running the backup script as follows.
[[email protected] ~]# /usr/local/sbin/backup_ezlogin.php -nologs
After restoring backup, copy or rsync /var/log/ezlogin directory to the new server.
3. Make sure that Ezeelogin licensed IP is changed to new IP from the customer portal.
If you are using an owned license, then you can skip this step.
4. Make sure that the new server has the same versions of PHP and MySQL server, and also install the webserver, PHP modules, and ioncube. Refer below article to install it in different OS.
5. Move the executable ezlogin.xx.bin archive to the new server, and execute the .bin file.
[email protected]_primary_server ~]# sh ezlogin.xx.bin
Follow the on-screen instructions and confirm everything is working in the new server such as (login to GUI, Ezsh shell, remote server, etc.)
6. Copy the log files from the old server to the new server. Refer below step to copy to the new server.
Click on the view icon on the new Ezeelogin SSH log from GUI to confirm log files have been copied. Refer below screenshot.
In case of any error while restoration checkout the restore log. Refer below step to find the log.
[email protected]_primary_server ~]# tail /var/log/ezlogin_restore.log
Refer below article to fix the PHP limit error while restoration.
How to restore slave/secondary installation?
We don't need to migrate and restore the slave/secondary node, as the master and slave nodes are identical. We can install a slave node identical to the master node. Refer to the below article to install the slave node.
How to restore logs from the old slave server to the new slave server?
1. Copy logs from old slave server to new slave. Run the below command on the old slave server.
2. Run the below script on the new slave server to repopulate SSH logs.
[email protected]_slave_server ~]# /usr/local/ezlogin/eztool.php -reimport_logs
3. Click on the view icon on the new slave Ezeelogin SSH log from GUI to confirm log files have been copied and repopulated. Refer below screenshot.