Integration of Open-LDAP (PAM-LDAP) in Ubuntu
1. Login to Web-GUI > open settings > Ldap and add the details of LDAP configurations
2. Under Settings > General Settings > Authentication > change Webpanel authentication to LDAP & Check External SSH Auth
3. Select the LDAP users and import them to ezeelogin
You can confirm the imported LDAP users were listed in Users
Now you can login to ezeelogin with ldap user in ezeelogin GUI
After importing the users to Ezeelogin, log in with the user and set up security code for the user under Account > Password > New Security Code.
Let's configure PAM_LDAP Authentication for SSH
Login to Ezeelogin ssh server to configure pam-LDAP
1. Install pam-LDAP module by the following command
2. Enter LDAP URI, Base DB & select LDAP version 3.
Enter the details in the LDAP setting.
3. Add Binddn&bind password /etc/ldap.conf
4. Append 'ldap' to password,group & shadow in /etc/nsswitch.conf
[email protected]:~# cat /etc/nsswitch.conf
# Example configuration of GNU Name Service Switch functionality.
# If you have the `glibc-doc-reference' and `info' packages installed, try:
# `info libc "Name Service Switch"' for information about this file.
passwd: compat ldap
group: compat ldap
shadow: compat ldap
hosts: files mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] dns
protocols: db files
services: db files
ethers: db files
rpc: db files
5. Enable autocreate home directory on login by adding the following to /etc/pam.d/common-session by the following command
6. Restart nscd service
Ensure the login shell of ldap user is /usr/local/bin/ezsh
Now run the id/finger command and see whether you are able to get LDAP user details
Run an ldapsearch to check the values returned from your AD server as follows. This is used for troubleshooting.