Getting "Could not load configuration" or 500 error on login page
"Could not load configuration" or 500 error on login page error.
1. Make sure SELinux is disabled on the server.
SELinux status: disabled
2. Also, make sure that ioncube is loaded in PHP. You can put up a phpinfo page and view them via browser to make sure that Ioncube is indeed loaded.
3. The "Could not load configuration error" occurs normally on CPanel servers where open_base directory protection enabled. In such case you would need to add the Ezeelogin system directory as well the Ezeelogin web directory into the path as well.
You can find the paths to these directories from the configuration file "/usr/local/etc/ezlogin/ez.conf"
4. Check the permission of configuration file.
root@serv2:~# ls -la /usr/local/etc/ezlogin/ez.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 337 Aug 9 15:13 /usr/local/etc/ezlogin/ez.conf
If not give sufficient permission for ez.conf file by the following command.
5. Open the apache configuration file "/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf" and look for the following entry in the virtual host that you have installed Ezeelogin in.
6. If you continue to get 500 errors, make sure the permission of the www_folder is set to that of the user owning it.