Could not connect or access the remote servers/devices
Could not connect or access the remote servers added in the Ezeelogin gateway
This error may occur due to several reasons. The following are some of the reasons
1. Make sure that the sshd is listening on the port specified in the Add server form as shown below
2. Ensure that you are able to telnet to the remote machine from the Ezeelogin gateway server.
telnet <remote_node_ip> <ssh port>
3. Make sure that you are able to manually ssh to the remote server from the Ezeelogin gateway server.
4. Check for the SSHD error log of the remote server to which you are trying to log in.
If it is Centos it will be /var/log/secure
If it is Ubuntu it will be /var/log/auth.log
5. Make sure iptables / firewall is not blocking ssh traffic in the Ezeelogin gateway server and the remote server. Check ssh port is open on both the Ezeelogin gateway and the remote server
Add the following rule to allow outbound connection in the Ezeelogin gateway server.
root@gateway: ~ iptables -A OUTPUT -s 192.168.18.195 -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
Add the following rule to allow inbound connection on the remote server.
root@remoteserver:~ iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -s 192.168.18.195 --dport 22 -j ACCEPT